Over time, circumstances can cause your jewelry to lose its luster if not taken care of properly. Instead of leaving your jewelry in the jewelry box unused, you can polish your jewelry yourself. Discover how to take care of your jewelry with these simple home tips! Keep your jewelry as beautiful and shiny as the day you bought it.
The following tips work for silver, gold, vermin, gold-plated and rose-plated jewelry.
Estimated time: 5 minutes
You will need:
- A bowl
- A toothbrush
- A mild soap
- A soft fabric
STEP 1: Preparation
Collect all the items needed to clean your jewelry.
You will need: a bowl, a toothbrush, a natural and mild soap, a lint-free and soft fabric made of microfiber.
STEP 2: Soapy water
- Wipe each piece of jewelry with the soft fabric to restore its natural shine.
- Then mix a few drops of the soap with warm water in a bowl.
STEP 3: Soak and Brush
Soak your jewelry (one at a time) and dip a soft toothbrush in the water and polish your jewelry gently. It will make every piece of jewelry thoroughly cleaned.
STEP 4: Clean and Wipe
Thoroughly clean each piece of jewelry. Dry them gently with the cloth after cleaning.
It is recommended to use the above tips when cleaning your rings but to soak them in the water overnight before brushing them with the soft toothbrush. To keep them extra shiny, we recommend cleaning them every few weeks.
From morning to night
It is very important to take care of your jewelry from morning to night. Do not forget to:
- Jewelry should be the last thing you wear after your morning routine. Apply your makeup, perfume and deodorant first so that they do not damage your jewelry. Also, put on your clothes first so that they do not get caught in your jewelry.
- Once you are out of the house, try to avoid direct sunlight on your jewelry. The sun’s rays not only damage your skin but can also damage jewelry, especially gemstones!
- Try not to wear your jewelry while swimming, salt water and chlorine can damage your jewelry.
- Store your jewelry in a jewelry box at the end of the day. Each piece of jewelry should be separated from each other so that they do not get tangled.
- InternetAges and gold jewelry should be stored in a dark and cool place. To prevent oxidation, silver jewelry should be stored in an airtight box.