The April 19, 1956, exactly 60 years ago, the world stopped to admire the most beautiful fairy tale wedding that has ever been told: at the Immaculate Conception Cathedral of Monaco, Grace Kelly , famous Hollywood actress, married Prince Rainier III of Monaco. A dream wedding, which still makes us bring tears to the eyes: their unforgettable love story, unfortunately ended tragically with the actress’ death in a car accident, the unforgettable Grace dress. On the day of their wedding anniversary, here is a series of trivia related to a wedding dress that still makes us dream with open eyes.
1. Grace Kelly’s wedding dress was designed by Helen Rose, MGM.
- The dress was composed of a top with attached under a bodice and a support for the skirt, to which were connected two overlapping skirts.
- Grace He Added dress a hat, a veil, a pair of shoes and a book of prayers set of pearls.
- The wedding dress of Kate Middleton inspired by the bridal dress.
- From 1 April to 21 May 2006 it was exhibited at the Philadelphia Museum of Art: was the most visited exposition.
- The dress was given to the bride by MGM studios.